IH PFAFC-FA - Paediatric First Aid for Children/Infants
This course is ideal for employees that have been identified to act as the first aider in low risk work place who are caring for babies and children.
Introduction to Emergency First Aid at Work including Babies and Children includes -
1. Planning for an emergency. What would you do if a child in your care had a serious accident or illness?
2. Do you have someone who can take care of the children in your care if you have to leave them?
3. Do you have a fully equipped first aid box that is easily accessible?
4. Do you have a fire escape plan?
5. Do parents know what to expect in case of an emergency?
6. Make a list of important numbers that are easily accessible: parents' contact numbers, General Practitioner, Health Visitor.
Administer first aid to a casualty who is or requires -
Unconscious (including seizure)
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
Choking Adult, Child & Baby
Wounded and bleeding
Suffering from shock
Appropriate first aid for minor injuries including minor cuts, grazes, bruises, small splinters, minor burns and scalds
Resuscitation (Adult, Child and Baby)
In addition, discussion of specific work related injuries/illness to include topics such as -
Poisons Extremes of body temperature
Medication & dealing with the unwell child
Assessment Learners are continually assessed throughout the course to ensure learning outcomes have been achieved. Successful learners will receive a Sibbald Limited certificate which is valid for three years.
Location Sibbald Centre Locations
Client Site Location